The Benito Menni Foundation, of Sisters Hospitallers, launches a pioneering experience of Virtual International Volunteering.
Given the situation caused by the COVID19 pandemic, the restrictions and difficulties existing in people’s mobility, our foundation has launched a “virtual” international volunteering initiative, which will take place during the years 2021 and 2022.
The objective of this project is to support the different needs expressed by the social and health centers of Sisters Hospitallers, with which the Benito Menni Foundation cooperates in different developing countries.
What is virtual international volunteering?
Through this volunteering, voluntary participation is promoted, virtually or online, to support different actions, such as:
• Support in training activities on different topics, through workshops, courses, talks.
• Medical, psychological, therapeutic advice, others.
• Technical, IT, logistical, administrative, human resources advice, others.
• Support in activities in different areas, educational, therapeutic, communication, others.
• Support in the promotion of leisure and free time and accompaniment of beneficiaries of the Hermanas Hospitalarias centers.
Pilot Experience in India
Within the framework of this modality, the Benito Menni Foundation launches a first pilot experience, of virtual international volunteering, to collaborate with the “Benedict Menni Psychosocial Rehabilitation” center of Sisters Hospitallers in India.
This center welcomes women with mental illness, in a situation of social exclusion, and provides them with accommodation, food and hygiene services, as well as different rehabilitation programs and recovery of skills and abilities. Likewise, the center promotes family reengagement and social reintegration of these women.
The profiles required to participate in this project are within the following areas:
- Occupational therapy
It is necessary that people who want to volunteer have intermediate / advanced knowledge of English.
For more information and contact with the Foundation click here: bit.ly/3Eo845V