Women who are committed, as a result of their faith, to the merciful liberation of women
The Congregation’s mission embodies and expresses the charism of Hospitality.
María Josefa Recio and María Angustias Giménez, together with eight other sisters, represent the feminine face of Hospitality: women who are committed, as a result of their faith, to the merciful liberation of other women. Together with Benedict Menni, they formed the founding group that dedicated their lives to providing an answer for a profoundly neglected sector of society: the mentally ill.
The following are some of the guiding principles of our mission:
- Those suffering are the central focus of the Hospitaller mission.
- Our healthcare services combine science and humanisation, as we seek to provide holistic care for our patients.
- We are primarily concerned with the financially disadvantaged and the neediest.
- Respect, defence for life and the principles of ethics and catholic morality are central to our healthcare activity.
- All those who are involved in our work: the sick, their families, workers, volunteers and religious members, form part of the Hospitaller Community.