The Breton city of Lehon-Dinan, in France, is connected to the Congregation because it was here, at the Psychiatric Hospital of St. John of God owned by the Hospitaller Order, that our Founder St. Benedict Menni died on 24 April 1914.
The Hospital was founded in 1938 by the Brother John of God de Magallon O.H. It is now a private, not-for-profit centre that forms part of the Breton Health Plan.
This centre still conserves the room in which our Founder died, next to which is a simple museum and a chapel. Other emblematic places are the garden where he would stroll and pray with his rosary beads next to the statue of the Blessed Virgin and the cemetery of the Brothers, where a sepulchre was prepared for our Founder’s burial, although it was never used as he was taken to Ciempozuelos.