The Hospitaller Mission is carried out by sisters and lay co-workers in 27 countries throughout the world. The Hospitaller vocation is an answer to God’s calling to follow Jesus and continue his charitable work with the sick, both in the Church and in the world, particularly those suffering from some form of psychological limitation or illness and who are the “true face of Christ”.
When a young woman feels that she shares our vocation, the first step is a process to discern, essentially through prayer, the Word of God and dialogue with the sisters, whether her decision is based on and reflects the following:
- Pure intention and free will.
- Spiritual, moral and intellectual suitability.
- Inclination for the mission of hospitality.
- Appropriate physical and mental health.
- Ability to live in community.