Below you will find detailed information on what Cookies are, the kind of Cookies that are used on this website, how to deactivate them on your browser and how to specifically block the installation of third-party Cookies.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are files that website and applications install on your browser or device (smartphone, tablet or smart TV) when you browse websites or use applications, which store information on your visit.
- Ensure that websites work correctly.
- Store your preferences, such as your chosen language or font size.
Cookie can optimise browsing, adapting information and services offered to the user’s interests, to provide them with a better experience when they visit a website.
Type, purpose and operation
According to how long they stay for, Cookies can be separated into session cookies and permanent cookies. The first expire when the user closes the browser. The second expire when their fulfil their goal (e.g. for the user to identified on the website) or when they are manually deleted.
In addition, according to their purpose, Cookies can be classified as follows:
- Strictly necessary (technical): These are essential for the page to work correctly. Normally they are generated when the user accesses the website or logs in, and they are used to identify them on the website for the following purposes:
- To keep the user identified so that, if they leave the website, browser or device and return at a later stage, they will still be recognised and thus will be able to browse without having to log back in.
- To check if the user is authorised to access certain services or areas of the website.
- Performance: They are used to improve the browser experience and to optimise how the website works, such as by storing service settings, or storing a purchase in a shopping cart.
- Advertising: They collect information on adverts shown to website users. They come in two forms:
- Anonymous: Only information on advertising spaces on the website is collected, irrespective of the user who accesses the website, i.e. without them being expressly identified.
- Personalised: They collect personal information on the website user by a third party, to personalise the advertising spaces.
- Geolocation: These Cookies are used to check the country or region of the user when they access a service of a website in order to offer content or services that are appropriate to their location.
- Analytics: They collect information on the user’s browser experience on the website, usually anonymously, although sometimes the user may be identified individually and unequivocally in order to obtain reports on their interests in the services offered by the website.
Cookies used on this website and how to disable Cookies
You can find out which Cookies we are using or disable them at Settings
What happens when I disable Cookies?
Some features and services may be disabled or behave differently than expected, such as remaining identified, keeping purchases in the “shopping cart” at an e-commerce service, or receiving location information, among others.